Thursday, September 10, 2009

I hate it when I do this...

...as in waiting a month to update the blog! Sorry in advance for all of the pictures, but I HAVE to get caught up.
August was another busy month mostly consisting of birthday parties!
We started out with Anna and Pop's birthdays. Hunter, Ella Tate and I went to my parents the first full weekend of the month to help them celebrate. Ella Tate and I stayed on for the week and had a great time. (The pictures I took from the b-day celebration got deleted~UGH~so all I have are the ones I took as we were leaving to come back home.)
On our way back to Nashville, we stopped to see Grandmother. She and Ella Tate were so excited to see one another!
When we got home Ella Tate chilled out in her pool, in the front yard (REDNECK, I know), while she watched her Daddy wash our cars.
Emma turned 5 this year and celebrated with a cowgirl-themed party complete with banadanas, boots, pinatas and pony rides!

Sweet Emma Kate
It was then time to celebrate Turner, Mary Elizabeth, Aunt Katherine and Uncle Tommy's birthdays at Gran Gran and Papa's house.
Mary Elizabeth~3rd birthday and Turner~5th birthday
Turner opening a car from Ella TateMary Elizabeth in her princess get-up!
"Mary Elizabeth, you are SO pretty!"

Next, it was time to celebrate Nolen's first birthday at Courtney and Jake's new house. Nolen loved his cake and couldn't wait to get his hands and mouth in it! We went to Dyersburg to see some good friends, Craig and Stella, that moved last year right after Ella Tate was born. There house is on the lake and it was so beautiful out on their deck. They have a little fishing boat and Hunter and I got to take a "sunset cruise" on it on Saturday night! We had the best time with them and are looking forward to going back soon!
Here are a few random pictures I took if Ella Tate throughout the month...
She loves getting into the drawers in the kitchen. I love this one with her on her tippy-toes peeking into the tupperware drawer!
Another one of Ella Tate's past-times is standing at our storm door and watching the cars go by and waiting for her Daddy to get home!
We rode with Aunt Katherine to pick up Turner one day and Ella Tate got to ride in Mary Elizabeth's carseat...she thought she was big stuff!Playing with Izzy at Ford's house. Poor Ford gets no attention when we are there because Ella Tate had rather play with the dog!

3 comments:

The Roper's said...

Cruise on down the street and visit your redneck neighbors who always have a pool in their front yard :)

Julie said...

Dogs can be the best toys at times. both of my kids LOVE to play with dogs....I guess it is because we don't have one at the house.

Melinda said...

Ella Tate is cute! I love the one of her on her tip toes too.