Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Nashville 4th of July

We had a great 4th of July weekend with family and friends.
We started it out by going over to Uncle Stephen's new (or should I say "new to him") house to see what all he has gotten done. It looks wonderful and Ella Tate and I were so happy to see him and hang out for a few hours and look around at the amazing transformations!

On Friday night, we met Uncle Tommy, Aunt Katherine, Turner, Mary Elizabeth and Gran and Papa at Lipscomb for their Independence Day festivities and had a great time!

Sweet cousins


We got up early Saturday morning to go to the Oak Hill parade with "Mayor" Uncle Tommy, Aunt Katherine, Turner and Mary Elizabeth. It was a lot of fun and it was neat to see all of the strollers, cars, golf carts, lawn mowers, bikes and wagons that were decorated.

Mary Elizabeth and Turner getting ready for the parade. Katherine did a great job decorating their wagon.

" I love the flag!"

Next, we headed to Gran and Papa's for a delicious lunch and some much needed downtime! (I'm still not sure how Gran and Papa manage to not be in ANY pictures that I take...I think it is a conspiracy against me and my blog!)
You can see here who was enjoying that downtime I was talking about! Hunter, Ella Tate and I went to the Thweatt's house for dinner with the Bates', Miller's and Heredia's and then on to watch the downtown fireworks from Adventure Science Museum. We ended up watching them from the tailgate of Hunter's car instead, because of the rain, but we still had a great time and made some good memories and good pictures!

Ella Tate passed the time looking at her books!

Carter, Susan, Albert and Max
Tracey, Clay and Chris

3 comments:

Courtney said...

What a fun and busy day!!!

The Roper's said...

Really, Ella Tate is too cute!!!

The Watsons said...

her stroller looked precious! very cute pictures:)